FACTS ABOUT AFRICA
Really, i thought i knew a lot about Africa until i came across some amazing stuffs about Africa. I am sure you do not know about this. Read through to check yourself…lol
- The oldest human remains ever discovered were found in Ethiopia. They are approximately 200,000 years old
- Africa has the world’s largest desert, the Sahara, which is almost the size of the United States
- There are 54 countries in Africa
- Nigeria leads Africa in number of films produced
- There are more Muslims than Christians in Africa
- Sirleaf is the first elected female head of state in Africa. (in Liberia 2006)
- The worlds largest land animal is the African elephant.
- The gorilla, which can be found in the continents jungles, is the worlds largest primate.
- Victoria Falls is the largest waterfall in Africa; it is 355 feet high and one mile wide
I told you !!! I am sure you didn’t get a good number of them correct. The importance of being conversant with Africa cant be over emphasized. To get more of these facts, always check myAfrica.com.ng.